What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping.
- we may use the information to improve our products and services.
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
General Data Protection Regulation
You have a right to access, modify or delete your data. You may also object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal data and request any information relating to these treatments. Please contact StartUp Advisory GDPR Officer and ask us to remove your data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Who will receive the data?
The personal data that you complete on the form is received by us and held by us. It is not supplied to any third party.
Will data be transferred outside the EU?
We store your data on our own servers, and we do not transfer any of your personal data outside of the EU.
Do we use automated decision making?
We do not use any form of the automated decision-making process when handling your personal data.
Rights that you have in relation to your data
You have a number of rights in relation to your data and these are set out below. To exercise any of the rights numbered (i) to (vi) please contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at +44 7931872743. A right of access to the data. You can ask us to confirm the current information that we hold on you, to make sure that it is up to date. Please note that as we delete all personal data once we have dealt with a request it is likely that we will not be holding any of your personal data.
- If the data that we are holding on you is incorrect, you have a right to require us to correct the data.
- You have a right to ask us to remove any personal data relating to you from our systems where we are holding that personal data as the data controller. This will apply to the information that you have supplied to us.
Please note that the business of this company is to provide business services to our customers. When we are providing a service to our customers they will be the data controller of that data. We do not search our customers’ databases when you ask us to delete you, as we do not have authority to use our customers’ databases for any purposes other than on their instruction.
- You have a right to ask us not to use your personal data, or to use it only in any way that you specify. As noted above, we use your data only to respond to your request, so this right is not likely to be relevant.
- You have a right to a copy of your data in a portable format. The only personal data that we hold will be the contact details and other information that you have supplied. We can supply a copy of that in [Word/text/pdf/?] format.
- You have the right to withdraw consent to the use of your data. If you do this we will no longer be able to contact you or respond to your request for information.
If you believe we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR 2018, you have the right to file a complaint with an appropriate authority. In this country, the appropriate authority will be the Комисия за защита на личните данни, София 1592, бул. „Проф. Цветан Лазаров” № 2.
We record calls and do so in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice)(Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. The recording of calls is within the legitimate interests of the Company – as a Data Controller – and its clients – for whom the Company acts as a Data Processor. Calls are recorded for purposes such as training, quality control and in order to fulfil a contract. The calls are stored securely on encrypted servers. Call recordings are deleted from our platform after 6 months.